NM 245 Cultural Diversity in Nursing
Deaf Culture Assignment
Your assignment is to create a PowerPoint titled “What nurses need to know about deaf culture in Minnesota.” You will be watching the movie “Sound and Fury” in class as part of our cultural awareness of the deaf community. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhceEJ1R_vY
1) You are to use the movie, “Sound and Fury” as well as other online resources provided on Blackboard to address this content.
2) You are to create a basic PowerPoint that includes your “spoken portion” in the notes section of each slide.
3) There must be at least 10 slides and 4 references included in the PowerPoint and appropriate citations throughout as required. You can use all websites as references for this project if you choose but be sure to use credible websites and to cite them correctly on your slides. Please note that Wikipedia is not a valid reference for any project. Please feel free to use the Student Resources Center for other credible references:
4) You need to include proper use of APA, correct grammar and punctuation, along with any references if you used any to complete this assignment.
5) You will find that the MN Department of Human Services and the National Institute of Deafness and Communications Disorders will lead you to several other resources along the way. Explore these as they will help you to better grasp what is available to individuals in the U.S. and state of MN.
YOU WILL NOT PRESENT THIS IN CLASS.
Grading Rubric- 100 points
|Grading Criteria||Possible Points||Points Given|
|Spelling and Grammar:· 0 errors = 0 points deducted· 1- 4 errors: 2.5 points deducted· > 5 errors: -5 points deducted||5 points|
|Structure- APA· Use of APA throughout the Power Point slides (5 points)· Includes at least minimum of 10 slides with speaker notes noted (5 points)· Includes use of minimum of 4 references and use of proper APA on reference page (5 points)||15 points|
|Content· Provides a fresh and balanced perspective on the topic of deaf culture in Minnesota as if you were providing information specifically to a nursing forum (35 points)· Explains all ideas clearly and concisely with effective supporting evidence. Provides concepts and resources useful for nurses (35 points)||70 points|
|Creativity/Style· Demonstrates creativity with PowerPoint development (5 points)· Slides are clear and easy to read (5 points)||10 points|
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.