1. You are given a nucleic acid sample with the following sequence:
AUGAAAGACCAGCGCUGA. Is the sample RNA or DNA and how do you know?
2. The three- letter mRNA nucleotide sequence that specifies an amino acid is called a _______.
3. Describe what would happen if AAA in the question 1 nucleic acid sequence is changed to AAG. Name the type of mutation and describe its effect on the primary structure (amino acid sequence) of the polypeptide ______________________
4. Describe what would happen if GAC in the question 1 nucleic acid sequence is changed to GAG. Name the type of mutation and describe its effect on the primary structure (amino acid sequence) of the polypeptide ______________________
Types and effects of DNA mutations are described in Course Module 2 Commentary. A Genetic Decoder Table is posted in Week 2 topic Key Concept: DNA, RNA & the Genetic Code
Part B. Short answers
Answer the questions below as completely and as thoroughly as possible and where appropriate include a specific example to illustrate. Answer the questions in essay form (not as an outline or bullets) using complete sentences. You may use a diagram or table to supplement your answers, but a diagram or table alone without appropriate discussion will not be adequate for full credit. Reminder: All answers must be written in your own words and include complete and accurate citations for the sources you used to answer the question or that support your answer.
5. What role do the existing strands of DNA play during the synthesis of the new DNA strands? Use the following sequence of double stranded DNA to illustrate how the existing and new strands are related after replication of the molecule (label which are the new and old strands).
6. RNA is synthesized on a DNA template in a process called ______ which utilizes the enzyme ______. Describe the events and molecules involved in this process. Use the DNA molecule in question 5 to illustrate and show the RNA product. [Hint: The template strand for transcription: 3ʹ-TACCCGAGGTTAGCCGACATC-5ʹ
7. Proteins are synthesized using mRNA as a template in a process called _____. Show the amino acid sequence for the mRNA sequence you determined in question 6.
8. Describe at least three functions of cell membranes.
9. In a table compare general structural similarities between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells related to the following patterns of organization: genetic organization, compartmentation, protein synthesis, and cell motility.
10. Name the four major classes of cellular organic macromolecules and their subunits. Describe the function of each of the four types of biologic macromolecules.
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on essay at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of essay writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.